Tuesday, October 11, 2011

OCCUPY BOSTON AKA THE MASOCHISTIC ORGY

I was recently asked why I haven't or intended to participate in the occupy Boston extravaganza. My answer was " It has nothing to do with me..." and the I diverted the conversation.

If you have ever seen the film 'Girl' interrupted' you may recall a scene where after an hour of self indulging in her mental illness the protagonist Susana Kaysen is confronted by Valerie ( whoopie Goldberg at her lowest) and told to use her talent as a writer to relive herself of her troubles and " put it on all down on paper..."

I'm not a upper middle class nympho Jewish girl and it's not the 60's.


When I see pictures of the occupy movement all I see is "white" people who have the luxury to parade around in EMS tents and bitch about how their middle class bank accounts are finally feeling a pinch that is strangely UN familiar to them.These people fear their financial comfort is at risk and they don't like it. Their scared and they should be. This is why their masturbating with angled propaganda in a public park.

I tried to relate but I cant. You see' 99% percent of the crowd is white middle class people who can afford to " camp" out at no financial loss. If theses people were really in such a predicament they would not have the luxury of missing work and school. You have to consider that most of these " protesters" are educated people with dental insurance.

You see the middle class has a duality that the class above and below them do not have. They like the hippies can take on the mask of the oppressed and say their wearing it for the people that have been down trodden. Well I say maybe they should all dress up like Native Americans and African Americans and see just how not long it would have taken for them to not be able to occupy Boston.

As a woman of color I can say when all those bra burning undergrads were burning there bras from Saks in the 60's the sisters ( as well as working class white women) were not really invited. When the hippies needed more validation they "collaborated" up with the black panthers or they become Spanish speaking communists over night.

The faces of color I see in the crowd are like a few freckles on a Irish guys face. Just because you have a few brown spots doesn't mean your brown. I'm not deflecting from the actual poor whites in America because they are actually worse off than they think ( but that's another topic )

The white middle class wants to experience the government funded plight of the poor all while attempting to indulge the excess of the rich. I mean think of all the donated food for these people that could have gone to shelters and feedings for people who have no homes. Think of all the money that's being donated for legal fee's that could have gone to local charities but of course when these "people" slum they have to have the best. ( including photographers, web sites,live music, and domination over the local news..)


You see the 99% is now a face less and race less slogan that can be so easily adopted by anyone who wants their 15 minutes of liberal fame. The fame that the workers ( maids, food service workers,drivers...) in all those buildings downtown, the people who have to work and support themselves, the single parents and the people of color (like myself) who avoid getting arrested don't get.

You see occupy Boston is by no means any sort of revolutionary act. It is a masochistic orgy for the predominantly privileged middle class who steal the voice of the suffering so they can maintain there economic status. It is not an event that will prevail. The police and the local officials know that when the temperature drops time passes these self proclaimed progressives will go the fuck back home.

They will continue to shop at Trader Joe's and hang there Tibetan prayer flags. They will continue their educations, work and move on. This event is something for theses people that 10 years from now like there hippie parents can say " I was there." but it's some thing that most people in this country ( all races included ) can say I have been there all along. accept no one will hear them because their not live streaming there hard times.

When there is a revolution in this country you'll know about it. Why? Because the people who are outside acting out there romantic poverty and police brutality fantasies will be inside their homes trying to figure out how to keep their goodies from being poached by the people who are actually poor.

When I see these fanatical politically horny freaks carrying on in the park all I see is privileged people who are trying to get off in the way of s&m. They want to be cold ,hungry, beaten, cornered and flogged. This makes me want to go buy a Caligula mask and a black dildo so to get theses delusional white guilt ridden retards off.

So' there you have it. Occupy Boston at this point is more annoying than Ted Kennedy's brain tumor and just like him the Occupation and all of it's melodrama will die but not without a fight.

PS. I have no issue with OB but I do have a issue with "people" that despite their progressive politics cant admit that race is very much a part of this movement. If that cant be addressed than neither can equality for all of the 99%. I hope all the occupants of 'Occupy...' stay safe and I wish them all the best on their journey.

2 comments:

Nonoche said...

Okay, your rant strikes me as highly ironic. You're complaining about their ability to complain at all on a computer, and posted that on the internet. I think some people who can't even afford a computer and access to the internet could say exactly the same about your rant.

You say you won't go because there aren't enough people of color, which is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you went, there would be more people of color. I don't think anyone there pushed away people of color.

You say it's a luxury to protest for days, that if their situation was so dire they couldn't even afford to do that or they'd lose their jobs. Didn't it strike you that they just might not have a job? That maybe you're the one who's better off since you do have one that prevents you from going to protest? (not that it should prevent you from going on your free time and week-ends though)

Please reconsider, because if you attended, it would on its own solve most of the problems you have with this. And it just might make a difference for everyone, regardless of their skin color.

Alexandria Victoria Long said...

Dear' Noche.

I was given my computer because I could not afford one otherwise. I don't go to the OW because of there is not enough people of color but more because the dialogue amongst people of color and OW is not considerable enough for me to participate.

I also don't go because as a person of color my legal rights ,safety, and long term results of such could effect my life way worse in comparison to a white participant.(generally speaking and in terms of finding a job)

I'm not playing the race card to play it and I support my many white friends in their involvement. i socially can not afford to have a criminal record or put myself in harms way.

lastly the OW on its own is great but until all people have the discussions that are staunchly avoided in terms of race and come to a collective understanding the OW is not a movement for the people just some of them.

despite it all I hope the best for OW.